Academy of European Careers Foundation came about as a result of two shared goals: reinforcing Poland’s position on the European stage and deepening the understanding of Europe in Poland. It reunites young professionals from all walks of life: the public and private sector, academia and the civil society.
We believe that Poland’s natural place is in Europe and that the EU integration process is a stalwart of peace and prosperity across the continent. We believe that Poland’s membership in the Union is not only a chance but also duty to shape the international political, economic and cultural reality according to our national interest and in accordance with our allies and partners.
We believe that faced with the rapidity of transformation of the international system, technological progress and the socioeconomic changes, Europe – more than ever – must speak with one voice and seek to shape the upcoming century. We believe that these challenges call for more European ambition, courage and vision.
We believe that the ‘big bang’ enlargement that encompassed Poland and the rest of Central-Eastern Europe restored the unity of the Old Continent, fractured by the Iron Curtain for over half a century and enabled Europe to breathe again with “two lungs”, in the words of Pope John Paul II.
We believe that the only a full and equal participation of Poland and the rest of the region in the European debate ensures that the development of the EU respects interests and values of all of its citizens, and that the diversity of cultures and experiences remains a source of European strength.
We believe that the European integration is a process of constant reinvention and improvement, one that remains open to all nations that share common European values: human dignity, equality and freedom.
Academy of European Careers is guided by these believes throughout its main activities: engaging in an open debate on Poland’s positions and policies in Europe, promoting a better understanding of the EU as well as providing education on European affairs so that the Polish voice can be better heard throughout the Union We are convinced that the current European curriculum fails to meet the needs and ambitions of Polish public and private sector alike. We see a gap in hands-on knowledge and skillset that we seek to fill in.
The Academy of European Careers is guided by these believes throughout its main activities, which are:
– Enabling students to engage in an open debate on Poland’s positions and policies in Europe,
– Enabling students to engage in an open debate on the policies of the EU and the common interest;
– Promoting a better understanding of the EU as well as providing education on European affairs so that the Polish voices can be better heard throughout the Union. We are convinced that the current European curriculum in many Member States fails to meet these needs and ambitions of the public and private sector alike. We see a gap in hands-on knowledge and skillsets that we seek to fill.
The Academy of European Careers started as a joint European education project between the Warsaw School of Economics and the Academy founders:
– Natalia Matyba, who after 8 years in Brussels as the Representative of the Polish Region of Silesia took the initiative to create the Academy. She`s a Member of AKE board and coordinator of the curriculum;
– Aleksander Arabadzic, Chairman of the AKE Board, who also serves as an advisor to Senator Marek Rocki, the President of the Warsaw School of Economics, on international affairs;
– Aleksander Siemaszko, a PhD student at Warsaw School of Economics and a former employee of the European Parliament, currently serving in the Polish public administration:
– Melanie Raczek, a Phd Student at Warsaw School of Economics and a public policy and international affairs expert currently employed in the private sector.